If you suffer from skin tags or other harmless skin conditions, you’ve probably heard of this alternative treatment known as electrocautery. Now, the term itself sounds pretty scary. The combination of electricity and cauterization isn’t exactly comforting.
However, an electrocautery machine is actually a popular and safe tool for removing unwanted skin growths and lesions. Electrocautery basically uses heat powered by electricity to effectively get rid of warts or skin tags. It’s effective and quick which makes it one of the more preferred skin growth removal methods nowadays.
Knowing that you might be a little worried that you could accidentally electrocute yourself. However, this method is actually completely safe. The electricity just heats the needle that you use on the pesky skin growth.
If you want to know more about this modern day miracle treatment as well as hear about our recommended electrocautery machine, keep reading this article.
What is Electrocautery?
Electrocautery is actually a surgical treatment where the high-frequency current is used to cauterize an unwanted skin growth. This treatment is used for many types of surgery but nowadays it’s found popularity as a cosmetic procedure.
Simply put, an electrocautery procedure seals off blood vessels in order to remove a specific tissue. In this article, we’ll focus mostly on electrocautery used for cosmetic purposes.
More often than not, an electrocautery machine is preferred for removing spots, warts, or skin tags since it’s a surgical procedure that can be done cleaner and safer than other alternatives. Moreover, it’s also considerably less painful, even painless in certain cases.
If you’re wondering how such a procedure can possibly be pain-free, it’s because of the high frequencies used by the machine. The current won’t pass through you and won’t stimulate your nerves or muscles. This way, you can complete the surgical procedure without ever feeling a thing.
Electrocautery might seem like a novel concept but more and more people are turning to it for their skin problems. Electrocautery machines are gaining rapid popularity in the medical field because of its long list of benefits.
How to Prepare for an Electrocautery Procedure
Unlike traditional techniques, electrocautery is safer, more effective, and generally painless. However, just like with every medical procedure, you need to take a few precautions to avoid complications. Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
- Once you plan for an electrocautery procedure, you should avoid any blood-thinning medications as early as you can.
- The skin around the treated area should be cleaned and dried thoroughly before the procedure.
- The electrocautery machine, you’ll notice, comes with a probe that looks a bit like a standard pen. This is the tool that will remove any undesired tissue with the conducted heat. Make sure that only the heated tip of the probe is the only part that comes into contact with your skin.
- Don’t be afraid of getting electrocuted because the current that the machine uses won’t enter your body.
- Done carefully, the intense heat of the tip of the probe will remove the unwanted tissue and seal the area. This means that there won’t be any bleeding or risk of infection.
Removing Warts with Electrocautery
As you know, warts are these benign (meaning, non-cancerous and generally harmless) growths on your skin that can pop up just about anywhere on your body. They are caused by an infection with a certain virus, human papilloma virus (HPV) and, though unsightly, aren’t any cause for concern.
Kids that develop warts normally don’t have to worry about them for long since they go away on their own without medical treatment. The same goes for most adults too though the warts are much more stubborn and can stay for months and even years. For those who want to get rid of their warts, there are plenty of treatments available. The fastest method of treatment by far is electrocautery.
Typically, it only takes one treatment to get rid of warts. However, there are cases where the warts are larger and more persistent so you might need an extra treatment or two.
Removing the wart with an electrocautery machine can take as long as 15 minutes to an hour. You’ll also probably need an extra 30 minutes to wait for the skin around your wart to be sufficiently numbed from the topical anesthetic.
Small warts only require a topical numbing cream but larger warts are going to need an injection to be administered so that the procedure will be as comfortable and painless as possible.
Once the treatment is done, a scab is going to form over the area where the wart used to be. Give it about a week and the scab will fall off on its own. If there’s a reddish mark left behind, don’t worry. That’s completely normal. Another week or two and your skin will fully heal.
Removing Age Spots and Freckles with Electrocautery
Freckles are quite cute when you’re young but, the older you get, the less appreciative you are about the speckles on your skin and on your face. Worse still is the larger version of freckles, the age spots.
These blemishes might not have much of health risk but they do get in the way of achieving that perfect, uniform skin tone. An electrocautery procedure can easily remove these unseemly spots.
Like with warts, the smaller spots only need one treatment while larger and darker spots are going to need at least two treatments.
Don’t be alarmed when you see that the area of your spots look worse off. It gets better after about two weeks. Once you’re skin heals, you’ll have smooth and clear skin.
As with every skin treatment, there are risks involved in electrocautery. Thankfully, they are very minimal side effects and risks to the procedure but you should still be aware of them nonetheless.
Bleeding can occur but only on rare occasions. To avoid any serious complications, avoid blood-thinning medications beforehand.
There’s also the risk of infection, especially if you don’t observe proper sanitary precautions before doing the procedure. That’s why you need to wash and dry your skin completely before the procedure. And be sure to do the procedure in a safe and clean environment too.
The electrocautery procedure itself is painless but the succeeding days probably aren’t going to be. The anaesthetic will wear off eventually and you might need to take over the counter painkillers if you experience major discomfort.
Normally, for such a procedure, you’d normally go to the doctor’s office. But if that isn’t an option, you can always get an electrocautery machine specifically designed to be used at home.
The Project E Beauty Pro Electrocautery Machine is the perfect option for those looking to do their own electrocautery procedures at the comfort of their own home. Warts, freckles, age spots, even skin tags won’t stand a chance once you have this wonderful machine in your household.
- Compact. The Project E Electrocautery machine is quite small so you’ll be able to store it in your house with ease.
- Easy to use. Not a tech-savvy person? Don’t worry! This machine is very simple to use and you won’t need any specialized skill to operate it. It comes with everything you’ll need so all you need to do is adjust the intensity of the heat according to your needs.
- Multi-purpose. This machine can get rid of just about any skin problems you might have. Spots, warts, freckles, skin tags – you name it!
- Costly. It shouldn’t really come as a surprise that this beauty comes with a price. A pretty big one too. However, considering how much money you can save with this electrocautery machine, it might be the more worthwhile investment.
- Requires careful use. While there’s little risk of getting electrocuted with this machine, you should still remember that you will be dealing with high temperatures so you need to exercise caution when using this machine.
If you’ve been suffering from skin problems for years and trying different treatments for them but to no avail, electrocautery might be for you. It’s fast, virtually painless, and, most importantly, effective. Project E Beauty Pro Electrocautery Machine can give you clear and smooth skin you’ve always wanted!