How much makeup do you own?
I love makeup. The only problem is that it’s so darn expensive. That’s what I used to think at least.
One of my friends introduced me to e.l.f. makeup products and I have to admit that I was pretty impressed.
Want to know what the best e.l.f. products are? They offer just about every type of makeup that there is.
Check out my e.l.f. cosmetics review that focuses on the best e.l.f. products 2019 so that you can stock your makeup drawer without emptying your bank account.
The Best E.L.F Products
Foundation is always pricy and pushes my makeup budget over the limit. So I was excited to try e.l.f.’s version.
The foundation went on very smoothly and covered up all of my flaws. It’s oil-free, making it one of the best e.l.f. products for oily skin.
I thought that it might all rub off by the time that I got home, just because the price was so low.
But I was pleasantly surprised when I had to wash it off at the end of the day. It had given me all day coverage for much less money.
- Best-selling foundation
- Vegan and cruelty free
- Available in a wide range of shades
- A dewy finish for dry skin
- Very affordable
- Colors may not appear much similar if bought through online
It doesn’t matter what kind of makeup you’re using if you’re using a poor quality brush to apply it.
The e.l.f. stipple brush allowed me to create a flawless look and it can be used with both wet or dry products.
It didn’t shed and kept its shape even after I washed it.
- Synthetic haired Taklon brush
- Can be used with wet or dry products
- Excellent for applying blush
- Bristles com off easily
- The size takes time to spread out the foundation
I sometimes struggle with eye shadow application. I’m not sure which colors to blend to get a natural look.
So this smokey eye shadow set is just what I needed the other weekend for a night out on the town.
It included an easy step-by-step application guide that showed me how to create a bold but natural smokey eye. The color lasted all night, too!
- Easy application guide
- Long lasting color
- Goes in smoothly
- Very affordable
- Lasts all day
- Brush that comes with it is not so sturdy
You know how important it is to remove your makeup at the end of the day.
I decided to try these to see if I could save a bit of money in this department as well.
The clothes were soft and soothing, even for my sensitive skin.
The package fits perfectly in my purse as well so I can take them on the go in case I need to switch up my makeup look after work.
- Good for sensitive skin
- The package is small and easy to carry
- Removes waterproof mascara
- Has aloe vera extract
- Very affordable
- Some say that it is too oily
- Requires you to wash face with water after
This is the epitome of eyeshadow palettes!
With such a variety of color, you can use it to create a natural look for work and then take things up a notch for happy hour.
The shadow was silky smooth and can even be used as a liner to save time and money. I didn’t experience any creasing and you can’t beat the price for 10 shades of eyeshadow.
- Smooth application
- Can be used as a liner
- Good color variation
- Very affordable
- Packaging problems causing palettes to break
Is e.l.f a Good Makeup Brand?
Let’s be honest for just a moment. Because they are so affordable, e.l.f. cosmetics aren’t the absolute best makeup products on the market.
But if you know which are the best, and avoid e.l.f. dupes, you can still get the high end look that you’re after without spending a fortune.
Is e.l.f Worth Buying?
In my option, e.l.f. makeup products are absolutely worth buying. When I switched to using e.l.f., I was amazed that I could still copy the latest makeup trends and styles while spending less than half of what I used to on my makeup.
If you’re halfway skilled at applying makeup and use the best e.l.f. brushes, you’ll be able to fool everyone into thinking that you’re buying your makeup from a high end department store.
Unless you tell them, they’ll never be able to tell that you’re using such an affordable product. Just be sure to avoid e.l.f. dupes, which don’t work very well.
Why are e.l.f Products So Cheap?
I had the same question, which is why I wanted to conduct my own e.l.f. cosmetics review. My research led me to find a few factors that allow the company to sell their best e.l.f. products for such an impressive markdown.
- Less Product: You’ll find that your eyeshadow might not have as much product as another brand. However, the price is so low that it’s still a bargain. And the majority of women hold onto their makeup for too long, opening up the window to bacteria growth and infection. e.l.f. gives you only what you need and doesn’t charge you for extra that might just end up in the garbage.
- Minimal Packaging: You’ll notice that the best e.l.f. products are packaged very simply. When packaging is reduced to the bare minimum, they don’t need to charge as much.
- Less Markup: All makeup, no matter the brand, doesn’t cost very much to produce. Many of the ingredients literally cost pennies. Most makeup companies take advantage of this and mark up their products as high as they can. e.l.f. does not do this to their customers.
- Minimal Advertising: You might see other makeup brands advertising on television or in magazines. These ads cost millions a year. But, e.l.f. keeps their advertising to a minimum and relies mostly on word of mouth. This enables them to keep their products affordable while they still make a profit.
Are e.l.f Products Vegan and Cruelty-Free?
Yes! This is one of the best qualities about e.l.f. products. It’s true that e.l.f. products are cruelty-free, meaning that they do not test their makeup on animals.
They also recently replaced all of their animal-hair makeup brushes with synthetic hair, making their brush collection vegan.
You can use their products with confidence, knowing that they test and produce their cosmetics and accessories humanely. If you need to use hypoallergenic makeup, e.l.f. products could work for you.
Ready to try the best e.l.f.products? You’ll be impressed with the quality and blown away by the price.
Before you know it, your makeup drawer will be overflowing, just like mine is! Give e.l.f. a try. You won’t be disappointed.