10 Best Dual Voltage Flat Irons For Your International Travels
I think we can all agree that having great hair is can improve any look. If you are having a bad hair day on your vacation, then you won’t be feeling as amazing as you should be. Plus, you definitely want to look your best in all those travel pics!
So, if you are about to embark on a trip of a lifetime, to look your best throughout your journey, you just need to make sure to pack the best dual voltage flat iron.
If you’re going somewhere hot, then the weather might be more humid than usual. This means your hair could well be in need of some extra attention.
Have you ever been abroad and about to style your hair and you found out that your flat iron isn’t working? Well, I have and it was a bummer, to say the least.
Why wasn’t it working? Well, it didn’t even cross my mind before but it’s all to do with the different electricity supplies and each country can vary.
This is something that is so easy to forget until you are about to go to that fabulous restaurant and your hair is a complete mess! What you need to consider is the benefit of a dual voltage flat iron. It has been a life-saver for me personally.
The Best Dual Voltage Flat Irons
MHU is a lightweight and compact in size travel straightener. It is perfect to carry around in your purse for a quick touch up. Its non-slip grip is designed for your professional comfort. You can also count on its long cord for convenience in your hotel stays.
MHU’s Tourmaline ceramic floating plates create a smooth silky texture for your hair.
The temperature gauge is adjustable so you can get your desired hairstyle without the full heat.
- It has tourmaline ceramic floating plates that create a smooth and silky texture for the hair
- Has Non-slip grip that is designed for a professional comfort
- It is extremely lightweight
- It has PTC seater
- It has a compact size of 15 cm
- Non-slip grip designed for professional comfort
- It is worth the price
- Great for those with very fine hair
- Easy to carry in your purse for a quick touch up
- It is perfect for short-style hair and bangs
- It also works great for beards
- You can simply turn the power switch on for a fast warm up to 356F
- Suits perfectly your traveling needs
- The heat is non-adjustable
The AmoVee is a smart flat iron that delivers professional smoothing results on the go. It works really we that that super sleek and straight hair is so achievable. You can also style your hair into polished curls or into cascading waves. This styling iron with floating plates helps you get the look you want without damaging your hair. This mini flat iron comes with a storage pouch and a heat resistant glove. It’s lightweight and compact, definitely perfect for your travels. If you have a bob, you can surely reach the nape section. It’s also great for bangs, face framing, and other minimal touchups.
- It delivers professional smoothing results on the go
- Helps you achieve super-sleek and straight hair
- Also great if you want polished curls or cascading waves
- Helps you to create gorgeous looks with a damage-free hair
- With titanium technology
- Comes with heat resistant glove
- Mini and lightweight
- It gets hot fast and does an amazing job
- You will get a silky finish after using
- It is an amazing tool for traveling
- Does not heat up to 400 degrees
- The instructions that it comes with is not in English
What a bargain this item is for a dual voltage hair straightener, plus it is totally purse friendly.
This is another styler where the temperature can be increased or decreased depending on your needs. That’s a bonus, especially if you are abroad and the humidity strikes.
Frizzy unkempt hair certainly isn’t a good look. Cranking up the heat to the max will help you get that untameable mane under control.
Compared to the other items, it’s just not quite as good. It’s a bargain yes, but the quality and construction don’t match the other irons I tested.
Overall it’s a decent little straightener for those on a tight budget. Otherwise, we recommend investing in something a little bit more expensive.
- It is 100% floating onyx ceramic plates with Negative Ion technology for frizz control
- It has a temperature control knob for 180-500F degrees with 360 swivel cord
- This straightener can be used to straighten hair, curling or getting gorgeous waves
- The product looks nice, simple yet beautiful
- It leaves the hair very soft, silky, and shiny
- It’s a great product for its price
- It curls the hair perfectly
- It may pull your hair
- Does not get up to 500 degrees as it say it would
If you are after a reasonably priced, good quality dual voltage hair straightener then I have found it.
The results from the Conair dual voltage hair straightener are incredibly impressive.
After using this straightener I found that my hair stayed in place for two whole days, even in the humidity!
This is a product that is fast and gives good results. The wide plates are great for long and thick hair as they speed up the whole process.
Let’s face it you want to be out enjoying your holiday as much as possible, not stuck in a hotel room sorting your hair.
- Instant 30-second heat up to 400°F and Turbo Heat feature, which increases
barrel temperature by up to 36°F maximizing results
- It has ceramic-coated plates for less hair damage
- It has floating plates for better hair contact and straighter hair results
- It has auto-off as well as on/off touchpad (including “on” indicator light)
- Dual voltage for international travel
- 25 heat settings for all hair types
- It really curls your hair
- This product also works great for synthetic hair
- It has low enough heat so it does not melt off plastic hair
- It heats up instantly
- It’s great for beginners
- Not great for those with thick course hair
An expensive choice for a best flat iron for travel, but what a great one. If you can afford this iron its definitely worth the splurge. This was a favorite for me. After using it my hair feels baby soft and undamaged.
The Sedu styling iron is extremely gentle on the hair and heats up fast. It even works like a dream on extremely curly hair. This is undoubtedly a great choice.
- It glides on smoothly
- Adjustable temperature dial that shows intervals of temps
- It heats up pretty quickly
- 1 inch plates float and can be pushed in
- It has super smooth plates so it does not catch your hair or pull it
- Tourmaline makes the hair super shiny
- It does not have an auto-off feature
- It may be too big for some
- The pivot end is not protected from pinching skin
This is the ultimate traveling straightening iron.
It’s less than eight inches in length so it will easily fit with the rest of your belongings.
It’s even small enough to fit into most purses so you can always have it with you for a quick touch-up.
But don’t let its size fool you.
Even if you have incredibly unruly hair, this mini straightening iron can handle the job. I’ve actually used this straightening iron in the airport bathroom between flights. It kept my hair looking great as I traveled all day.
If you’re looking for a straightening iron that you can always have on you, this is it. Another benefit is that it is as light as a feather. It’s perfect to use as a travel hair straightener. In terms of being an all-rounder, this is the best dual voltage flat iron around.
- 1 inch Nano Titanium-Ceramic Plates for smooth straightening
- With dual voltage for worldwide usage
- The Nano Titanium-Ceramic Plates reach temperatures up to 430F Degrees
- It is very convenient to put inside the bag for traveling
- It is in small size so it works great for short hairstyles and bangs
- You can work close to the scalp without burning your scalp
- It works well but the handle could get very hot
- Not great for fine hair
The Xtava was meant for travel. It, of course, straightens your hair but can also be made to define choppy layers or add stunning beach waves.
With ceramic coated plates, you’ll experience minimal heat damage, making it safe for fine, delicate and normal hair types.
I loved the design of this flat iron. It fit perfectly along the sides of my suitcase with its small and slim profile.
- It is perfect for sleek styling on the go or defining choppy layers
- Preset optimal temperature
- 100% ceramic coated
- Dual-voltage compatibility
- It is luggage-friendly
- Portable with slim and small design
- Its size is great for traveling
- It is very functional and so easy to use
- It is smaller than expected
Perhaps, the most common complaints about flat irons designed with travel in mind are that they just aren’t as powerful as a flat iron used on a daily basis at home.
This isn’t the case with the 6 Sense. It delivers 1-pass power, letting you achieve straighter hair in less than half the time of subpar best flat iron for travels.
I never experienced pinching, snagging or pulling with this model.
- It is a 2-in-1 Travel and Home Mini Flat Iron/Curling Iron combo
- It is also ideal for home use and for going to the gym, or touch-ups before that big presentation on the job
- 11 inches long
- It curls the hair perfectly
- It fits tight luggage and purses
- A perfect travel companion
- It comes with a cute pouch
- It may be 2-in-1 but some find it difficult to use
The Uarter Straightener makes your hair beautiful while traveling. It can eliminate static electricity. It also gives a softer finish with added gloss. You can count on its aluminum floating plates to stop intense hair tugging and to distribute the heat evenly. Now, you can get that straight, sleek hair or those sexy, loose curls!
- Dual voltage
- Comes with a travel bag and 2 free clips
- Its quality is good for its price
- It works great for those with thin hair
- It is decent for traveling
- It is a very nice straightener but you need to pass through hair more than twice
Traveling to new countries means new weather conditions and frizz is a common side effect.
If you find that frizz is your biggest enemy on trips the U9 Pro is the perfect traveling dual voltage flat iron for you. The price is great, considering that the flat iron features tourmaline ceramic floating plates that emit negative ions for frizz-free results that you’ll love.
I personally loved the automatic shut-off feature. When you’re out of your element, it’s easy to forget simple things, like turning off the flat iron. But you don’t need to worry about burning the hotel counter with this model.
- 1-inch floating plates emit abundant negative ions to create frizz-free and silky finish hair
- Auto shut-off after 30 minutes idle time to enhance safety
- It has a round barrel design with an adjustable temperature setting of 280F to 450F
- It is flexible and powerful to work with keratin products
- It has a built-in universal dual-voltage of 100V – 240V power adapter with US Plug
- 360 Degree tangle-free swivel cord
- Includes one custom fitted heat-resistant plastic plate protector
This product works for fine hair without breaking it
It is great to use for travel
It is not bulky
It works really well to straighten hair
What is a dual voltage flat iron?
Simply put, a dual voltage flat iron for travel is a hair straightening iron which can be used all over the world. If you travel a lot or even if you’re just worried about having frizzy hair on your next holiday or weekend away then this could be your perfect solution.
Why are dual voltage flat irons used for International travel?
Think of this as your guide to the best flat iron for travel on the market. Various countries use different voltages as part of their electricity supply.
If you use a hairbrush straightener, hot air brush, regular straightener or travel iron in one of these countries you could be in trouble. It could cause the flat iron to short circuit or burn. Therefore to avoid this I recommend investing in a dual voltage flat iron.
Like with so many products, the range of choice out there can be overwhelming. You need a travel hair straightener that you can rely on. Thankfully I have reviewed the most popular irons available today to save you the time and hassle.
If you travel abroad for work or leisure, then a best flat iron for travel is a must. Keep reading to find the best one for you.
For most ladies these days, having a reliable best flat iron for travel is an essential piece of a beauty tool kit. Having perfect hair means feeling much more attractive.
If you need a dual voltage hair straightener for Europe, the United States or further afield, then I hope to have pointed you in the right direction.
Now, you can lay your hands on the best dual voltage flat iron today. Holiday hair disasters will be a thing of the past!