Are you beginning to notice how your skin is starting to look like that of a peel of an orange? Do you feel annoyed every time you put on makeup and instead of getting that smooth finish, you just get visibly large pores? I feel you, sister. Not quite an attractive look, is it?
Having visibly large pores can leave your face looking dull and aged. This condition can also lead to other skin problems like acne and blackheads which mar the way we look and can really affect our confidence.
In this post, I’ll try my very best to explain to you how to shrink pores naturally. Stay with me because I’ll be telling you five of the most effective tips I know. Hopefully, these secrets can you with your problems the way that it helped me. By adding a couple of easy-to-do tips into your beauty regime, you will greatly improve the way your skin will look. Not only in photographs but in real life too!
Just keep reading and follow these simple tips. I promise you that in no time, your skin will be looking beautifully smooth and youthful again.
Effective Products and Tips to Shrink Pores
Ever heard of oil cleansing? For a sensible skincare routine, this may sound like a cardinal sin. Most of us have heard warnings that only products that are oil-free can give you clear and gorgeous skin.
However, researchers have started to uncover the many amazing benefits of oils for the skin. Oil has ingredients that are soothing and healing which has been used for hundreds of years.
In case you’re late with the trend, oil cleansing is going mainstream. A lot of women have used oil-based products to gently remove makeup, tame unrelenting breakouts, and even soothe sensitive skin.
Instead of the traditional soaps and detergent cleansers, using oils helps protect the natural lipid layer of your skin. It keeps the good bacteria that thrive there, thus, protecting your skin against acne and other skin infections.
Famous celebrities like Emma Stone have revealed using grapeseed oil. You want to know our favorite oils to use? Keep reading and you’ll find our top five picks below.
Contains a very high concentration of vitamin E and saponins. This helps to moisturize dry skin and improve its elasticity.
Contains essential fatty acids and vitamins A, C and E. The antioxidants within the vitamin C stimulate collagen production which helps with anti-aging.
It contains natural antibacterial and anti-fungal properties which makes it great for anti-aging.
High in vitamin E, proteins, and minerals which helps cures scars. It also contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
It contains linoleic acid which helps maintains healthy skin. Its astringent qualities tighten skin and close up the pores.
I am going to let you in on a little secret and give you a simple three oil blend. This will surely help unclog your pores and leave your skin moisturized.
Mix two parts Argan oil with one part ofRose Hip oil and then add 2-3 drops of Grapeseed oil. Massage about half a teaspoon of oil into your face. Do this for about a minute or so. Place a clean, hot, damp towel onto your face. The steam will remove oil and clear all the impurities.
- Organically grown
- Easily absorbs into skin
- Helps with irritated skin and dry scalps
- 100% pure
- Natural facial moisturizer for face and skin
- Helps give you stronger nails
- Some have experienced buying fake oils from online resellers
- Different reactions to skin
Before the recent popularity of clay face masks, women have been using clay as part of their beauty ritual. Even the famous Cleopatra used clay from the River Nile to cleanse her pores and tighten the skin.
So, I think we can all agree that this is defiantly a proven method! But how does clay reduce pores naturally?
Well, clay contains a variety of natural minerals which helps with natural detoxification. Clay masks naturally absorb the water and oil from your skin, giving it a pleasant tightening sensation, making your pores appear much smaller. This process also draws out the impurities from the skin making it feel smooth and refined.
Want to know how to find the right clay? Start by looking for healing clay. The most popular type of healing clay for facial cleansing and pore size reduction is the bentonite clay.
Bentonite Clay is made up of aged volcanic ash, which contains a very high concentration of natural minerals including:
This makes it one of the most powerful healing clays.
Which healing clay should I buy?
From our research, we found that Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay is the most effective product available. It cost less than $10, plus it has tons and tons of amazing reviews.
Pro Tip: The magic doesn’t just work on your face, try using bentonite clay for hair treatments.
How do I use it?
- Tie and pin back any hair because this stuff can get everywhere.
- Put a scoop into a sandwich bag and add water.
- Seal the bag and then knead the clay until you have a smooth paste.
- If required, adjust the mixture by adding more water or clay to get the right consistency.
- Flip the sandwich bag partially inside out onto your hand creating a kinda glove. This will stop your hands from getting dirty and help prevent any waste.
- Apply the clay to your face and then let it dry for about 10-15 mins.
- Remove the clay with pre moisturized facial wipes
- Or, rinse your face into a basin or bowl. Do not do this into your sink or shower because it can clog your drains. Remember It is mud!
To SUPER enhance your results try mixing the healing clay with our magic ingredient, apple cider vinegar. Yes apple cider vinegar! It works like a dream, and if you keep reading I tell you why.
- Perfect for facial, acne, bodywraps and more
- 100% natural calcium bentonite clay
- Works perfectly with Apple Cider Vinegar
- Also helps reduce pain and insect bites
- Helps unclog pores
- Helps with bacterial or fungal infections on the skin
- People with delicate skin should be careful
- Should be tested first if it gives any allergic reaction
We have a thin layer of acid on the surface of our skin called the acid mantle. Its purpose is to protect our skin from bacteria. When things like smoke, sun, water, and pollution come into contact with our skin, they affect the natural acidic balance leaving our skin unprotected from dirt and bacteria.
The acid within the Apple cider vinegar balances and restores our natural PH level. This helps our skin function at an optimal level by destroying bacteria and removing any dead skin cells. This prevents your pores from getting clogged, which keeps our skin looking beautiful and healthy. By adding apple cider vinegar to healing clay is like a one-two punch to bad skin.
But don’t just take my word for it. Hollywood beauty Scarlett Johansson believes that it is one of the best-clogged pores remedies out there. In an interview with the magazine Elle UK she said this about apple cider vinegar ‘If your skin is problematic or you’re having a lot of breakouts, it’s really healing. It’s a little bit stinky but if you’re not sleeping over at your boyfriend’s it’s really effective!’ Scarlett Johansson can afford any skincare treatment in the world, so if she is happy to only spend $10 on apple cider vinegar then it must be AMAZING!
How to make an apple cider vinegar toner
It’s important to get the right ratio for your skin type. We suggest that you start with the “sensitive skin” measurement first to see how your skin reacts.
- For sensitive skin – Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 4 parts water
- For normal skin – Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 2 parts water
- For oily skin – Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water
Either apply your ACV toner topically with a cotton wool pad or store it in a spray bottle and use it freshen your face throughout the day. You do not have to rinse it off after use.
- Maintains healthy skin
- Helps control weight, digestion, and ph Balance
- Relieves muscle pain
- Also serves as a whitening effect
- Eliminates the toxins
- Can activate all protective functions of a body
- Acid must be taken in moderation
- Dangers the teeth enamel
- Not advised for children under 14
Oatmeal is not just a healthy breakfast that boosts you with energy at the start of the day. It offers a lot of natural benefits for skin care and its GREAT for reducing pore size.
The rough granulated texture makes it a wonderful exfoliant for your skin. Scrubbing your face with Oats effectively removes dead skin cells leaving a soft, moist glow behind. Oats contain something called saponins which is a natural cleansing agent that gently removes oil and dirt from your pores. The proteins within oatmeal help build a natural barrier which ensures that moisture is locked in leaving our nice and soft. The barrier also protects our face from the outside world preventing our skin from being dry and flaky. Oatmeal is pack full of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which are very effective at preventing and combating acne and
How to shrink pores naturally by making an oatmeal face mask
- 1/2 cup of good old fashion oats
- 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1/4 cup of good quality honey
- Food processor the oats on the finest setting.
- Pour the oats into a bowl and stir in hot water and honey. Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Wash your face thoroughly with warm water.
- While your face is still damp massage the mixture into the face. Leave the mixture on for 10 minutes
- Rinse the mixture off with warm water and apply your favorite moisturizer.
- Excellent for reducing pore size
- Can exfoliate
- Absorb oil
- Long and lasting effects
- Can be a bit messy to prepare and apply
Over the years, I have seen a fair share of strange beauty tips touted as “miracle workers”. While most of them are just marketing facades, a handful of them works really well like active charcoal.
Please allow me to explain. Active charcoal is solely developed for medical reasons. Historically, it has been used in emergency rooms for years to treat alcohol poisoning and drug overdoses. Active charcoal is created when oxygen is added to regular charcoal. It naturally attracts toxins and can absorb between 200 to 300 times its weight in impurities.
This makes it one of the best natural ways to shrink your pores. Like a magnet, it attracts and absorbs dirt and oil from your pores. Active charcoal is a skincare SUPERSTAR.
How to make an active charcoal face mask
- 1 tablespoon Activated Charcoal
- 2 tablespoon Bentonite Clay
- Combine the active charcoal with the bentonite clay in a non-reactive bowl.
- Mix in enough water to create a thick paste
- Apply the paste to your face avoiding the area around the mouth and face
- Leave the mask to set on your face for about 5 minutes
- It should start to tighten and dry (if it starts to irritate your skin wash it off immediately)
- Now wash off the mask with warm water
- Use a clean dry towel to gently pat your face dry
- Then apply your favorite face cream
Remember to patch test the mixture on an area of your skin first to make sure you do not have any adverse reactions.
- Improves skin texture
- Brightens the skin
- Prevents blackheads and breakouts
- Significantly excellent results
- Turns incredibly soft when putting in water
- Very reasonable price
- Can only last for maximum 3 months
You now have my top 5 tips on natural ways to shrink your pores. Managing your pores is a big part of having beautifully perfect skin. You can’t reap the benefits until you get started. So I urge you to pick a tip and try it now. Then report back to me with your results.