10 Best Niacinamide Creams – 2019 Review
Have skin problems? I understand your frustration and embarrassment.
For years, it seemed like my skin developed a new problem every week. One week it was dry, the next it was red and irritated.
The next month would be full of breakouts while the following month left my fighting an oil slick in the middle of my face. And don’t even get me started on strange spots and uneven pigmentation.
But this all seemed to stop once I started using niacinamide cream. If you’ve never heard of it, I’m not surprised. It seems to be the beauty world’s best-kept secret.
But if you’re ready to take control of your appearance and enjoy smooth, soft skin that seems to take years off of your age, niacinamide could be the miracle you’ve been searching for.
Keep reading to see my niacinamide cream reviews and learn all about niacinamide benefits for your skin. Get ready to be impressed!
Niacinamide Creams For Wrinkle, Acne & Rosacea
If you want to start using niacinamide products to combat aging, I would recommend starting with this cream. It features niacinamide, rosehip oil, argan oil, and vitamin C.
All of these ingredients work together to literally erase aging and improve your complexion. You’ll be amazed at how youthful your skin looks after just a few weeks of regular use.
I was really impressed with this cream because it helped to improve a few small scars that I had. They were really dark and noticeable before I started using this product but after a few weeks they had lightened and blended in much better with my skin.
I felt comfortable enough to leave the house without covering them up with foundation, something I rarely did before using niacinamide.
- Can easily be applied to the entire face and neck
- Can be used as a spot treatment to target stubborn dry patches on your hands, arms, feet or shoulders
- Perfect anti-aging & hydrating solution
- Works very well on dry skin during winter
- Consistency is thick so it goes a long way
- Evens out skin tone and fades acne scars and dark spots
- Heavy cream may make it hard to be absorbed by skin
- Makes face greasy in the morning
- May cause skin to break out due to sulphur
This cream has a fairly high percentage of niacinamide that really helps to even skin tone and fight breakouts, blemishes, red marks, and irritated skin. The ingredients also nourish skin and help give it that glow that everyone wants.
A lot of creams promise results when it comes to improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I’ve had a fairly good result with many of them but none compare to how InstaNatural’s cream worked.
It targeted even the most difficult signs of aging, like lines around my eyes, mouth, and forehead. My skin seemed to have more elasticity and was no longer puffy. My husband noticed a huge difference, which made me feel great!
- Fights breakouts and hyperpigmentation
- An advanced anti-aging serum for face
- Firms and plumps sagging skin
- This serum is very hydrating to the skin
- The niacinamide helps with the redness, blemishes, and overall skin tone
- It balances the skin tone and plumps it a bit
- This may clog your pores if you are acne prone or sensitive to condomegenic ingredients
- Its bottle is not well made as the dropper is very hard to use
- After applying the serum you may feel a bit sticky
This cream features some great additional ingredients that work together to help strengthen skin cells, speed up healing and improve the tell-tale signs of aging. Hyaluronic acid, aloe, and avocado oil really make all the difference and sold me on this serum.
I also loved that the ingredients are all natural. You won’t find any crazy chemicals in this product.
Just as I ordered this product, I began to develop a strange rash on my face. It was rough, red, irritated and itchy. I didn’t have it diagnosed by a doctor but I got a feeling it was rosacea.
I knew that niacinamide could help with this skin condition so I was really excited to start using this serum. I was even more excited when I began to see an improvement in my skin after just a week of using the product. Within a month, my face was no longer red or irritated and the rash never came back.
- Light-weight formula fortified with Niacinamide
- Enhances the skin’s natural barrier
- Promotes suppleness, skin elasticity, and a firmer appearance.
- Helps diminish the appearance of uneven skin tone
- Suitable for all skin types
- It glides on the skin easily and can be absorbed quickly
- Leaves your skin feeling smooth and velvety
- Great for use under makeup
- The bottle and dropper don’t work well for the cream
- Hard to consume the rest of the product
This is another cream that has a higher concentration of niacinamide than most. As long as you’ve never experienced any irritation with the vitamin, you shouldn’t have any problems using this product.
I loved that this cream was made specifically for night time use. It takes the guesswork out of your beauty routine.
Just apply the cream right before you go to sleep and you’ll wake up looking younger than you did the day before. That’s my kind of beauty sleep!
This cream didn’t leave a greasy residue behind, which is the last thing that you want when you’re about to rest your face on your expensive silky pillowcases. It also didn’t feel heavy and thick.
If I hadn’t just applied it to my skin before crawling into bed, I probably would have forgotten it was on as I drifted off to sleep.
- Cruelty-free and safe
- Designed to help repair and reduce signs of ageing and dryness
- Gentle and fragrance-free
- Great for rough or dry skin, uneven skin tone, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Runs on skin smoothly and keeps skin hydrated
- May cause skin reactions
- Sensitive skin may itch
Niacinamide can add intense moisture to the skin. If that’s your main motive for giving the cream a try, I recommend this one.
It creates a tight barrier on your skin which prevents water loss throughout the day. You’ll experience plumper, firmer skin that’s sure to be complimented. I even noticed that the cream seems to shrink pores as well.
If you’re prone to acne breakouts and blackheads, this serum can really make a difference. After using the serum for about three weeks, my skin had virtually cleared up completely.
I also only used a tiny amount at a time so the bottle seemed to last forever. This product seemed to do it all and I couldn’t have been more impressed.
- Cruelty-free Niacinamide serum
- With Niacinamide and Hyaluronic acid
- Makes skin feel tighter and helps with wrinkles
- Works great for anyone with dry skin, large pores, and redness
- Smooths out or diminishes rough patches on the skin
- Price is very reasonable
- May cause some breakouts
It’s natural for collagen to begin to disappear as you age. What’s not natural is being happy about this. If you’re ready to do something about the loss of collagen (and your youthful looking skin) I highly recommend Life Essentials Niacinamide Serum.
It evens out skin tone and reduces hyperpigmentation brought on by the aging process and sun damage. By reversing these imperfections and boosting collagen, which niacinamide can do, you’re sure to erase years off of your appearance with the smallest amount of effort.
This serum was a perfect consistency and spread perfectly. It didn’t leave behind a film. I could use it in the morning and put on my makeup right away without any weird flaking or buildup.
This made it easy to work the niacinamide serum into my beauty regimen without having to add extra time or tons of extra steps.
- Formulated with all natural and organic ingredients
- Refines wrinkles and makes skin look more clarified and youthful
- Protects the skin and hydrates it
- One bottle can last long
- Emulsifies waterproof mascara off the lashes
This serum is also free of sulfates, parabens and other less than ideal ingredients. It’s made in the USA in an FDA registered facility so you know that it’s being made with high standards.
Gia Naturals doesn’t test their products on animals either. You can feel great about buying this product because of their commitment to safety for their consumers and the environment.
You can use this product twice a day, which is what I did. After rinsing my skin with a gentle cleanser, I simply applied a pea size amount of the cream to my face and massaged it into problem areas along with my throat and neck.
Within a few days, my skin was incredibly soft and I didn’t notice any redness or irritation. This is the best option for a natural cream that provides results.
- Pure, natural and organic ingredients
- Hydrates the skin
- The product feels very comforting on the face
- Makes skin feel and look moisturized
- Transforms skin making it look brighter, clearer, and smoother
- Product leaves a sticky residue on the skin
Eva Naturals has a great product here. They’ve combined hyaluronic acid with niacinamide, a match made in skin care heaven.
They work in tandem to protect your skin from the sun, remove free radicals and erase wrinkles. The price of this serum can’t be beat and it’s not watered down at all. It’ll last just as long as any other product the same size.
I tried this serum during the winter so my skin was extra dry compared to the rest of the year. It gets so dry in the winter that it’s almost impossible to wear makeup without drawing attention to my rough and flaky skin.
But within a few days of using this serum, my skin had been completely transformed. My face was smooth and soft and my skin seemed to “bounce” like it used to when I was younger. If you hope to get rid of dry skin by using niacinamide, this is the product to try.
- Enhances skin elasticity
- Fades skin discoloration
- Improves skin tone
- Makes skin look glowing, smooth, and more youthful
- Evens out skin tone damaged by sun exposure
- Leaves skin tighter and smoother than before
- May feel like paste on your face
- Causes bumpy rash
Elrique’s serum helped to revive my skin completely. After a few weeks of using it, my skin’s tone was healthy and the texture had drastically improved.
My best friend smokes, even though she knows how awful it can be for your hair and skin. I suggested that she try this serum to see if it could erase some of the damage that smoking had done to her skin.
Within a few weeks, she looked at least five years younger. Her wrinkles had improved, especially those around her mouth.
The serum also seemed to lighten and brighten her skin, giving her a youthful glow that I hadn’t seen in years. Once she saw how much better her skin could look, she finally kicked the habit for good.
Whether you’re a smoker or not, this serum can have you looking years younger in just a matter of weeks.
- Anti-aging serum
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Shrinks pores and reduces rosacea redness
- Applies easily and evenly
- Has a soft rose smell
- Very hydrating on skin
- Oils in it may clog pores
If you try only one niacinamide product, try Premium Nature’s. It’s made with natural and organic ingredients, including avocado oil, hyaluronic acid, and aloe.
Your skin will be healed, improved and protected with just a few drops of this anti-aging serum. My only issue with this product is that it’s a little hard to get out of the bottle.
Invest in some cotton swabs and you’ll be good to go.
I think that I literally brought my skin back from the dead with daily application of this serum. I thought that I had seemed the most improvement I could from trying tons of different niacinamide products but this one seemed to do it all and then some.
Also, the serum was quick and easy to use. All I had to do was massage it with my fingertips until absorbed. My skin seemed to eat it up. I used it twice a day as recommended but if you’re a little more sensitive, using it just once a day can still make a huge difference.
- Moisturizing face cream
- Pore minimizer
- Wrinkle-reducer and Collagen booster
- Works great if you have big pores
- Gentle on skin
- Makes face feel smoother and softer
- Product’s dropper does not work efficiently
What is Niacinamide?
In its pure form, niacinamide is a type of niacin B vitamin complex that the body needs for a number of vital functions. It helps your body convert food into energy and a niacinamide deficiency has been linked to several diseases and conditions, including dementia, depression and skin conditions.
When the vitamin is added to face cream, it can help eliminate dry skin, clear redness and erase irritation, especially from acne. If you’ve used acne creams or medications in the past, niacinamide was probably an active ingredient. Niacinamide benefits can completely transform your skin.
What the Benefits of Niacinamide Creams for your Skin?
Wondering what niacinamide can specifically do for your skin? Take a look at all of these benefits you can expect to experience when using a niacinamide cream.
- Eliminates Acne: Studies strongly suggest that niacinamide can not only improve acne but potentially clear skin for good. It can also improve redness and irritation caused by acne.
- Improve Skin Conditions: If you suffer from psoriasis or rosacea, niacinamide might be able to help. If you’re able to get your skin condition under control with the vitamin cream, you can skip expensive prescribed creams in the future.
- Even Skin Tone: Hyperpigmentation can lead to uneven skin tones that can have a negative effect on confidence levels in some. If you want your skin tone to balance out a bit, niacinamide can definitely help.
- Reverse Aging: Your new favorite cream can also reverse the signs of aging by increasing moisture levels in the skin and softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Niacinamide can also protect your skin from air pollution, preventing dull and lifeless skin.
Niacinamide cream for Wrinkles
In 2005, 50 women participated in a study focused on the effects of niacinamide on wrinkles. The results were incredibly encouraging.
The women who were treated with the vitamin showed significant improvement in skin elasticity and appearance compared to those who were treated with a placebo cream. Results also showed a decrease in severe acne and rosacea symptoms.
If you’ve been noticing an increase in wrinkles when you look in the mirror, giving niacinamide a try is definitely worth the effort.
How about Skin Lightening and Skin Pigmentation?
Yes, topical niacinamide can help with skin pigmentation and the overall shade or tone of your skin. If you suffer from hyperpigmentation, or dark spots, on your skin, you’ll be happy to hear that there’s finally a cream that’s affordable and effective at smoothing and lightening them.
Several studies, including one published in the British Journal of Dermatology, showed that a cream with 2% niacinamide can significantly decrease hyperpigmentation and increased skin lightness in only four weeks of regular use.
Can Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) and Niacinamide Be Used Together?
The majority of people can use niacinamide with ascorbic acid, a great water-soluble antioxidant. Ascorbic acid is known for increasing collagen production while niacinamide can treat acne and other inflammatory conditions. When used together, they can greatly improve hyperpigmentation and increase skin moisture levels.
However, there are some concerns about using the compounds together. The first is that their individual benefits conflict with the other’s, essentially canceling out the entire product. This is because of two chemical reactions that take place when you mix the ingredients.
The second issue is a bit more concerning. Some research suggests that the two ingredients form a complex that no longer benefits the skin.
They can also produce hydrogen peroxide which can cause skin cell death.
Many companies use niacinamide and ascorbic acid together. If you’ve used a product in the past with both ingredients, you probably fall into the category of people who can use both ingredients without a problem.
But if you notice an increase in redness or irritation, try skipping the ascorbic acid and just let the niacinamide work its magic.
Niacinamide Cream Side Effects
Niacinamide cream is considered mostly safe for the majority of the population. However, there are some instances in which precautions should be taken to avoid dangerous side effects. If you suffer from any of the following conditions or diseases, speak with your doctor before using niacinamide in any form.
- Allergies: If you suffer from allergies, use niacinamide with caution. It can increase histamine levels, which is the chemical behind allergy symptoms.
- Gallbladder Disease: In some situations, niacinamide can make gallbladder disease worse.
- Diabetes: If you have been diagnosed with diabetes, use niacinamide with caution as it might increase blood sugar levels. If you choose to use the vitamin, be sure to check blood sugar levels carefully and regularly.
- Heart Disease: Niacinamide has been linked to irregular heartbeats in those with an unstable angina or signs of heart disease.
Minor side effects from the vitamin include upset stomach, intestinal gas, mouth pain and dizziness. This is typically from taking the vitamin by mouth though, making the cream relatively safe for topical applications.
If you’re looking for a new face cream to combat acne, reverse aging and provide you with a healthy glow that improves your confidence, try niacinamide cream. The risks are minimal, the benefits are plentiful and the results are astounding.
If you’ve decided you’ve had enough of less than perfect skin, there’s no sense in waiting any longer to order your cream and begin experiencing tremendous results.