If you’ve ever spent a hot day at the beach and ended up with a sunburn, you’re most likely already familiar with aloe vera.
This plant produces a thick gel-like substance that can be used to treat burns, cuts, and scrapes. While you might be familiar with many aloe vera health benefits, you may not know is that this plant possesses awesome hair growth and healing powers as well.
If you’ve never heard of using aloe vera for hair growth, get ready to be blown away by this amazing gift from Mother Nature.
It’s affordable and can be used by everyone. It’s great for both men and women and safe for children. Using aloe vera for black hair has equally impressive results.
Ready to learn about using aloe vera for hair growth and healing? Let’s begin!
Aloe Vera For Hair Growth
Art Naturals was one of the first aloe vera for hair growth products that I tried.
It’s actually a gel but still helps to stimulate regeneration within your skin and restore damaged skin cells. It also fights bacteria and keeps your body clean and healthy.
When working with an aloe vera gel for your hair, it’s best to mix it with a carrier oil so that it’s easy to spread.
That’s what I did and I used it as a deep conditioning treatment.
I instantly noticed that my hair felt softer and even though I had applied oil to it, it seemed less oily as well.
- Helps stimulate skin regeneration
- It effectively restores damaged skin cells
- Pure and natural ingredients
- Moisturizes and hydrates the skin
- Fast absorption
- Some users have reported of the product being very watery
- Inconsistent delivery of the product
Here’s another great gel that can be used to help with hair growth as well as repair.
I tried using this gel straight from the bottle and it worked pretty well.
Just a few pumps of the gel was enough to coat my hair after a shower without weighing it down.
My hair is a bit curly and I instantly noticed that my curls were more defined and bouncy.
Even though this brand’s gel isn’t 100% aloe vera gel, there are only two other ingredients, which is a lot less compared to other aloe vera gel mixtures.
If you’re looking for an affordable aloe vera gel to use as a leave-in conditioner, give Radha Aloe Vera Gel a try.
- Helps with hair growth
- 100% pure and natural
- Helps relieve any skin conditions
- Packaged with a pump
- Some batches had a certain smell
This gel was a little thinner than most other brands but I actually liked that.
It was so easy to spread on my skin and through my hair.
The product is also completely natural. It’s almost like cutting open a fresh aloe leaf every time you use it.
While using this gel for my hair growth, I also decided to apply it to my face as well.
It almost instantly cleared away any acne and made my skin really glow.
If you’re looking for an aloe vera for acne, give this one a try.
- Helps treat acne and other skin conditions
- Also helps make hair silky and smooth
- Feels light on the skin
- 5% of profit goes to the donation
- Moisturizes and soothes the skin
- Absorbs into the skin quickly
- Should be tested in small amounts for sensitive skin
The first thing that you’ll notice about this aloe vera product is that it’s clear in color, which means that there were no synthetic colors added like a lot of other companies tend to do.
It’s also fragrance-free so you can use it before any occasion without worrying about a lingering odor.
I used this gel to cut down my morning routine.
I began to shower at night and would then add this gel to my hair before braiding it and securing it in a bun.
In the morning, I would let my hair down and loosen the braid to release stunning curls. The gel helped them to stay bouncy and defined all day.
- Made from fresh Aloe vera leaves
- No color added
- Some have misleading titles
- Problems with packaging
Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel is made with only certified organic aloe vera leaves and juices.
I used this gel as a leave-in conditioner and it kept my hair free of frizz all day long.
I also massaged it directly into my scalp when it was a bit itchy due to the changing seasons.
It worked like a charm. The itch was gone almost instantly.
- Can be used for internal consumption
- Helps digestion
- Help keep the immune system healthy
- Balances the stomach acidity
- Can be used for moisturizer for hair and skin
- Those with sensitive skin should be cautious
Love natural products?
Most aloe vera gels have a few other ingredients to prohibit mold growth and increase their shelf life.
Many use xanthan to thicken the gel but Seven Minerals uses seaweed extract, a more natural way of making the aloe vera gel thick but without leaving behind a sticky residue when you smooth it over your skin.
Try adding this gel directly to your shampoo. It will help to make your hair strong, soft and silky.
After doing this for a few weeks, I noticed a lot less breakage and my hair ends seemed to be healthier.
- Can be added on shampoo
- Makes hair strong and smooth
- Helps relieve skin problems
- Repairs and smoothens skin
- Should be tested on less sensitive areas first
This is about as natural as it gets. Green Leaf Naturals Aloe Vera Gel contains 99.75% organic aloe vera gel.
I loved the quality of this aloe vera gel. It felt a little watery at first but it quickly absorbed and really seemed to coat my hair.
If you’ve used regular hair gel in the past, you probably noticed that it left behind a plastic feeling and it might have even flaked on you as the day went on.
Try using Green Leaf Naturals as a hair gel and you’ll never go back to other products.
It holds your style and lets your healthy hair shine.
- Contains organic aloe vera ingredients
- Absorbs quickly
- Moisturizes the skin, face, and hair
- Has thin aloe gel
- Should be tested first for those who have sensitive skin
I won’t lie. It can be a little tricky working with aloe vera gels when it comes to your hair.
It smooths onto your skin easily enough but if your hair is on the thicker side or is very curly, getting it to coat your hair in a time efficient manner is a bit difficult.
So when I saw this aloe vera spray from Seven Minerals, I was so excited!
The spray feature really makes a difference.
If you’re using aloe vera gel to grow your hair, you can really target problem areas with a spray.
It absorbs rapidly and spreads evenly.
With a spray, you have no excuses when it comes to trying out aloe vera gel for your hair. A few sprays each morning can completely transform your hair.
- Absorbs and spreads easily onto skin
- Makes skin look healthy
- Easier to use when fixing the hair
- Contains natural ingredients
- Problems with inconsistency
- Reports of damaged products
Aubrey Organics does their part when it comes to keeping Earth clean. Their containers are all recyclable and biodegradable.
They use 100% natural ingredients and no paraben preservatives, artificial colors or fragrances.
This aloe vera product quickly replaced all of my moisturizers and creams. It kept my skin soft and seemed to erase a few wrinkles that were starting to show on my face.
With the success I experienced with my skin, I couldn’t wait to try it out on my hair.
I used it on its own, putting it directly in my hair after each shower.
Maybe it was a coincidence but several of my friends asked me if I was using a new volumizing product. My hair felt light, bouncy and overall much healthier.
- Containers are recyclable and biodegradable
- 100% all-natural ingredients
- Makes hair look and feel healthier
- Made skin look healthy
- Product was too watery
Now I’ve been mainly focusing on aloe vera gels, as those are much easier to find and will work great for your skin and hair.
But what I really love is aloe vera for hair growth treatments and Fruit of the Earth just so happens to make my favorite aloe vera juice.
You can mix it with water for a quick spray or with oil to make a conditioner.
I like to make the conditioner. It has completely transformed my hair.
It went from dry and brittle to healthy and shiny in only a few conditioning treatments.
You can also drink aloe vera juice for your overall health. It’s an easy way to transform your body from the inside out.
- Can be for internal consumption
- Perfect for skin and hair treatments
- 100% organic
- Tastes strong if not mixed with another drink
Aloe Vera For Hair Growth Benefits
I’ve already briefly some of the many uses of aloe vera juice for hair but there are four main uses that anyone can benefit from.
- Hair Growth: Rather than turning to dangerous chemical hair growth treatments, aloe vera juice can be used as a safe and natural treatment for hair loss for both men and women.
- Shampoo: Aloe vera is full of minerals and vitamins that can help to restore the natural strength and beauty of your hair. When combined with other natural ingredients, they can work together as an invigorating shampoo that both prevents hair loss and promotes new growth. If making your own products isn’t your thing, it’s easy to add aloe vera juice for natural hair to existing shampoo and still benefit from its nutrients.
- Fight Dandruff: If you suffer from dandruff, you know how embarrassing and frustrating it can be. Aloe vera can both soothe and moisturize the scalp which can virtually erase the scaly skin that turns into dandruff. Massage aloe vera directly onto your scalp to reduce itchiness and help balance hair’s natural oils.
- Conditioner: Just as you can use aloe vera as a shampoo, it can also work as a conditioner. It does everything that a conditioner should do and more but without the nasty additives. Combat frizz and leave hair soft and shiny with an aloe vera infused conditioner.
Does it Help with Hair Loss?
Aloe vera juice for hair isn’t a new miracle treatment. It has been used for centuries as a natural beauty product and I believe that it has stood the test of time because it really does help with hair loss.
When I noticed that my hair was beginning to thin, I knew that I needed to do something and I needed to do it fast.
I’ve never been a fan of products filled with ingredients that I can’t pronounce so I began to search for a natural product.
When I came across aloe vera juice, I knew that I had to try it. It’s affordable, safe and essentially risk-free.
I’m glad that I did! As I read all the different aloe vera for hair growth reviews and tried many products. Afterward, my hair really began to thicken and change.
My existing hair was healthier and stronger and after about a month of regular use, I began to notice new growth in my problem areas.
It was baby fine and not incredibly noticeable but it was there!
The longer I used the aloe vera, the more growth I began to notice. It quickly became noticeable and I could not have been happier with the results.
My scalp no longer showed when I put my hair up and I didn’t have to worry about styling my hair in a certain way to cover up the thinning.
Aloe vera completely changed my life by giving me back the confidence that slipped away as my hair began to thin.
How Do I Apply Aloe Vera Juice to My Hair?
It’s easy to learn how to use aloe vera juice for hair growth. You can spritz aloe vera in hair, add it to your shampoo or conditioner or apply it directly to your hair before or after showers.
It’s really about what fits into your daily beauty routine. Wondering how to use aloe vera juice for hair growth?
Here are my homemade leave-in conditioner recipes that are sure to change your hair for the better. You’ll need:
- ½ cup distilled water
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera juice
- 3 drops of glycerin
- a bit of sunflower or almond oil
Mix all of these ingredients together in a spray bottle and use every morning to keep hair refreshed and moisturized.
It helps to keep the conditioner in the refrigerator to extend the life of it. It’s also incredibly invigorating!
If you’re using aloe vera juice to grow your hair longer and thicker, I also recommend drinking about ½ a cup twice a day.
It takes a bit to get used to the taste but it really makes a difference.
When you feed your body right, you’ll notice a difference everywhere, including in your hair.
How Often Do I Need to Use It?
Aloe vera juice is a very safe ingredient to use. Using it topically should not cause any issues or reactions.
Therefore, you can (and should) use aloe vera in hair daily for healthier, stronger, longer and happier hair.
If you are drinking aloe vera juice for its health benefits, speak with your doctor if you are on any medications or notice any signs of an allergic reaction.
If you’ve noticed your hair breaking, thinning or just losing its shine and luster, give aloe vera juice for natural hair a try. It’s an easy and safe way to regrow your hair and regain your confidence.