Have you ever heard of jojoba oil? Besides having a fun to say name, jojoba oil has plenty of benefits, especially for your hair.
If you’re tired of dealing with frizzy hair that’s impossible to style, I have the solution for you.
My once frizzy hair is now silky, shiny and simply stunning and I owe it all to jojoba oil.
Want to learn how to use jojoba oil for hair?
Get ready to completely change your style and get rid of frustration, all thanks to a single natural Oil
What is Jojoba Oil?
Despite what it’s name suggests, jojoba oil is a liquid wax expressed from the nut of an American shrub. The shrub still grows wild in the United States and can be found in several southwestern states.
The nut was used by Native Americans for natural skin and hair care. The beauty industry still follows suit, adding the expressed product to lotions, acne products and hair products in hopes of taking advantage of its awesome healing powers.
I was introduced to jojoba oil by my hair stylist. I had used argan oil for hair in the past with great results and jojoba oil sounded like it was perfect for me.
As I did a little more research on my own about it, I instantly knew that I had to try it in an effort to tame my frizzy hair and improve its health so that I could grow longer, thicker and more beautiful hair.
What Nutrients are in Jojoba Oil?
Jojoba oil works in alternative beauty treatments because it’s full of so many nutrients. And because the oil is cold-pressed, it retains these nutrients more than most other oils. Jojoba oil contains:
It’s also a great source of vitamin B complex, ideal for hair growth, and vitamin E, another great vitamin for hair. It also has strong antibacterial properties which can help keep your hair and scalp free of infections, which can seriously slow down hair growth.
How Do I Use Jojoba Oil on My Hair?
There are several ways that you can use jojoba oil on your hair to moisturize and repair damaged hair and improve the health of new growth.
This is one of my favorite ways to apply the oil directly to my hair for almost instant results.
- Add a few drops of oil to a microwave safe bowl. The number of drops will depend on your hair length. For my shoulder length hair, I used about eight drops. A little goes a long way.
- Microwave the bowl for a few seconds just to heat the oil. It shouldn’t be too hot to touch though.
- Dip your hand in the warmed oil and apply directly to your hair. There’s no need to apply it directly to your scalp. Just comb it through your hair with your hand.
- Put on a plastic cap to hold oil in place.
- Let the oil sit for 10-15 minutes and then rinse with your normal shampoo and conditioner. Dry and style hair as normal.
With this treatment, your hair should instantly feel smoother. It’s a great treatment to fight frizz and dryness as well. You can do this treatment about once a week.
If it sounds like this won’t fit into your schedule, keep reading to learn how you can add biotin to your shampoo or conditioner for a homemade product that really makes a difference.
How Do I Mix it With My Shampoo and Conditioner?
Jojoba remains in liquid form so it’s easy to add it to your favorite shampoo, conditioner or other hair products for results that you’ll love.
You don’t need to add a ton. In fact, just three or four drops of jojoba oil should be all you need per bottle.
When you add the oil to your shampoo, it will help to remove excess sebum on your scalp which could be preventing new hair growth.
When you add it to your conditioner, it can help to strengthen and silken your current strands.
If you want to monitor how much oil you’re applying to your hair each day, use jojoba oil on its own as a serum to improve the overall health or your hair.
It will help to remove contaminants and build up, leaving behind clean hair that’s happy and healthy.
Jojoba Oil Benefits
So what can jojoba oil do for your hair? Plenty! If you deal with any of the following, jojoba oil could be the miracle that you’ve been searching for.
- Hair Loss: Have you been noticing thinning or even small bald patches on your scalp? It can be devastating. While there are plenty of medicated treatments, they come with either a hefty price tag or dangerous side effects. Jojoba oil for hair is a treatment that can safely and effectively thicken your hair by removing excess sebum and unblocking follicles that haven’t been able to grow new hair. The vitamins and minerals in pure jojoba oil can also help to improve the condition of your scalp and give new growth the perfect growing environment.
- Dry and Frizzy Hair: I have the frizziest hair and it’s always a battle to tame. But once I started using jojoba oil, I found the perfect way to smooth and calm my hair without a greasy residue being left behind. I add a little oil to my hair before getting in the shower. When I shampoo, the jojoba oil prevents the natural oil from being stripped from my hair. I then add a bit more oil when I get out of the shower, which forms a thin, waxy coating that protects my hair and keeps it moisturized. Bye-bye frizz!
- Get Rid of Dandruff: Dandruff is simply dry skin but it sure can be embarrassing. But by massaging a little jojoba oil onto your scalp, you’re doing a few different things to combat dandruff. First, jojoba oil contains zinc and selenium which are both found in dandruff fighting shampoos. The moisturizing aspects of the oil also help prevent the scalp from drying out and shedding skin cells. Finally, jojoba oil has antifungal properties that help to keep the scalp healthy and free of infections that can cause dandruff.
- Treat Scalp Psoriasis: Scalp psoriasis can be embarrassing and uncomfortable. The topical creams that doctors prescribe can be messy and sometimes not even effective because they can’t get to the scalp and stay where most needed. But jojoba oil can penetrate the hair and reach the scalp with ease. It spreads easily, can help clear up excess sebum and soothes the skin because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Using jojoba oil for hair is one of the safest treatments that you can add to your current beauty routine and jojoba oil for hair reviews rarely report anything negative.
It’s safe whether applied to your hair or skin, even for women who might be pregnant or breastfeeding.
Rare side effects include rashes and allergic reactions. If either of these should occur, speak with a medical professional immediately.
Do not consume jojoba oil. It contains erucic acid, a chemical that can cause heart damage and serious side effects.
But feel free to use jojoba oil topically, including in your hair and on your scalp, without the risk of severe side effects.
Jojoba oil for hair is a great way to use a natural product that’s both affordable and effective. While I was skeptical about the oil’s benefits at first, I was quickly proved wrong as my hair transformed before my eyes, going from frizzy and unmanageable to smooth and silky.
If you’re ready to change your hair, it’s time to add jojoba oil for hair growth to your beauty products. You’ll love using a completely natural product and what it does for your hair.